I read this hilarious post today from a toddler's mother on 10 reasons why she hasn't answered your email yet. And as much as I don't like mommy posts, I think you need this one.
Yes, you could say that I have been missing in action for a while. For most of my adult life :) Actually, chances are, you have complained to me about that. So here's my attempt to explain to you why I'm terrible with phone calls and Skype schedules (though I never have been much of a talker). It's not that I am avoiding talking or that I do not wish to talk to you. On the contrary, I am probably -
- Playing taxi driver ferrying N from school, to daycare, from daycare, to classes...and so on
- Dealing with an upset toddler who misses everyone she knows and the only way she can express that is by throwing a fit...again..
- Rushing to buy gifts for that social engagement I have committed to, fitting that in with trying to figure out where to get the exact attire the snooty school has decided N 'must' wear tomorrow (you have no idea how competitive these mothers are when it comes to fancy dress costumes)!
- Fitting in a sandwich somewhere in the day because I just realised that I missed having breakfast all together
- Rushing to the medic coz N has a cold...though I have had the flu since 20 days and found no time to go to one myself
- Finding 6-8 hours of time in the middle of all this to finish my assignments and submit them as per deadlines
- I can't find my phone because I probably left it in the kitchen drawer...or toy box...or the car...again...
- Blah blah blah...you get the drift
If you miss me, chances are I miss you more. If you love me, it is certain that I love you more. And you know that. I'm just rushing...getting by...managing one step in front of the other. I may not make the daily phone call, I may not tell you often what you mean to me and I may not share my problems with you. But I love you. Please know that. And I sleep in peace at night with the satisfaction of knowing that you love me too.
PS - Text me :D