I'll let you in on a secret. You will usually find some grilled chicken in my fridge to do with as I please, for salads, wraps, pastas or even stir fries. I cook up 2 fillets and use them over the next 2 days. This also makes sure that when I am actually tossing up dinner, the preparation time is absolutely minimal.
Inspiration struck today and I decided to do an Orange & Ginger Glazed Chicken Fillet for lunch. Now, as you already know, I had a fillet ready in the fridge. So, it was a matter of 5 minutes and I had this mouthwatering fancy dish ready. Here's how:
For the Chicken (you can prepare and store for 2 days)
Chicken Thigh (2 pieces) (with bone or without)
Italian herbs (I like parsley, rosemary also works)
Garlic (3 pods, ground into a paste)
Olive oil (1 tbsp)
1) Wash the chicken fillets and pat dry. Make cuts in the meat on all sides so that the marinade goes inside.
2) In a ziplock bag (or just a bowl, if you don't have one), mix the other ingredients. Add the chicken fillets to the bag, one at a time, rubbing the marinade into them with the tips of your fingers. Seal and leave in the fridge for a few hours (I prefer leaving it to marinate for a day, turning the bag on the other side whenever I see it, a couple of times).
3) Take a pan and heat it up. Put the fillets in the pan and sear one side by not moving them around for a minute. Turn to the other side, lower the heat (simmer), cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat but leave the pan covered (and do NOT peak or remove the cover even for a minute) for another 10 minutes.
4) Grilled chicken is ready. Cool, cover and store.
You can use this (as I said before) for salads, wraps, pastas or just about anything.
For the glaze
Orange juice (half a cup)
Pepper to taste
Ginger (2 slices)
Mustard sauce (1/2 tsp)
1) In a pan, add all the ingredients, together with the chicken fillet.
2) Turn up the heat and let the juice boil. Turn the fillet a couple of times so it gets coated.
3) In around 2-3 minutes, you will get a thick glaze consistency (almost like a marmalade) with just a lil extra jus for dipping. Serve immediately.