The recipe is super easy. Try it out:
Time Taken- 20 minutes
Meal for 2
Half a carrot (julienned)
2 mushrooms (I used Swiss brown mushrooms, you can try any others, sliced)
Red, yellow and green peppers (half each, julienned)
Grilled chicken bits (leftovers of any chicken you may have lying in the fridge)
1 small onion
Egg Noodles (one packet)
Oyster sauce - 1 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1/2 tbsp
1) Chop up all the vegetables as mentioned in the ingredients list.
2) Heat 1 liter water in a large container. Add noodles when it comes to a rolling boil. Throw in some chopped beans too, if you have them. And the onion (whole). When done, drain and hold under cold water.
3) Heat a wok and scramble the egg in it. Remove and keep aside.
4) Add a tsp of oil in the same wok and heat. Add the mushrooms and toss for a minute. Now add the carrots and peppers and toss for a minute on medium heat.
5) Add noodles, onion (cut into 4), chicken and the sauces. Gently mix. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Add the egg, toss a couple of times and remove from heat. Voila.
- I like to use light soy sauce as I don't like it overpowering my noodles. If you prefer it stronger, use the dark one.
- Instead of oyster sauce, you can also add in black pepper sauce or black bean sauce.
- The trick about the onion in the water is something I learnt from Kalyan of Finely Chopped fame. Credit where credit is due.
- I keep oil to a minimal, for health reasons. You can also experiment with other types of noodles (I tried these amazing organic beetroot noodles with this recipe that came out fab too).