Very long list of resolutions and a very introspective post last year on New Year's. Not in the mood to do that this year... Travel wasn't so bad...Kerala, Lakshadweep, Fagu, Shimla, Bangalore, Palampur, Mcleodganj, Kesroli, Goa!!! A week in Goa was the best way to end this eventful year!! The sound of waves never fails to calm a turbulent mind.
My reolutions last year...in the hope that I would manage to cross off a few atleast:
1. Get a doggie
2. Launch a business idea
3. Try yoga or art of living
4. Give more time and attention to my family and best friends.
5. Be more social
6. Find a publisher for my book “Quick and Yummy Recipes for the Working Woman”
7. Adopt a lifestyle where I live each hour of my day on my own terms
8. Laugh out loud more often
9. Travel to atleast 3 new destinations in the year
10. Be stronger
6 out of 10, not a bad score at the end of the day! This year, though, I find myself wanting in terms of such precise clarity. I have just one resolution this year...."To be happy...and surround myself only with people who make me happy". Often we give so much of ourselves to people, in all kinds of relationships and interactions that we end up putting ourselves on the backseat. I have realised though, that people who love you will always want to see you smile...and those to whom it doesn't matter, it's really up to you how much you allow them to matter!
Happy New Year....wishing you the most beautiful gifts - a warm hug on a cold day and a house that is always alive with laughter! Cheers....